Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's My Birthday!

"Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by and how little we've grown.  No matter how desperate we are that someday a better self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake, we know it's not to be, that for the rest of our sad, wretched pathetic lives, this is who we are to the bitter end.  Inevitably, irrevocably; happy birthday? No such thing."


Another year older.  Sure, I could be as admittedly, I have been in past years, desolate in terms of my birthday, after all, it's just another day right?  Well this past year I have been truely blessed to have a new found friend, who on my birthday today, made me feel like I was the most important person in the world.  Who doesn't want that; especially on their birthday?  I never knew how much a simple gift of words could be worth.  To my friend, I would like to say thank you.  Your words are a treasured gift. 

As far as Jerry Seinfeld goes, it must be a sad, sad world to live in to have such a dismal view on birthdays.  I too have known that sad world, and would just like to say, it is possible for growth within yourself.  I certainly am not the same person today as I was 5-10 years ago.  Life changes, circumstances change, and certainly, there are little life gifts that are given to us in forms of simple pleasures and friendship.  Sometimes, we may not recognize these gifts in front of us and it becomes too late to take joy in their presence, we'll never get those moments back. 

So on that note a little word of advice, take a moment to appreciate the beauty in your life and all that is good.  If you have a mouse in your wall, just be happy you have a home to live in, if all you have to keep you company is a pad of paper and a pen, be happy that you can now make your own world come alive, feel the rain fall on your face, watch the clouds above soaring past, step barefoot in the grass, or snow in my current case, and enjoy the sensations that you are alive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment