Friday, January 7, 2011

A Breathe Of Fresh Air

"We need old friends to help us grow old and new friends to help us stay young."
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin


Tonight, I was out with an old acquaintence, that I now consider a new friend.  Only from time to time do we get together, and even though we've just began spending time together, there is already a sense of comfort.  For me, I know I can make an ass out of myself in front of her, simply because well, it breaks the ice. 

She's a little guarded, she's got her fair share of pain to bare, but I find that we come to a place of mutual understanding.  In simply we're two young women who've gone off the beaten path, and along the way, lost many of the friends we once had.  To get together once in a while for a bit to eat and to have conversations outside our normal routines, is like a breathe of fresh air.  Reinvigorating. 

To her I offer an ear, a heart, and shoulders to cry on.  To me, she simply gives me her time and laughs when I make a fool of myself.   A near perfect balancing act when so many things can seem out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment