Saturday, January 1, 2011

Introductions If I Must

"There were always in me, two women at least, one woman desperate and bewildered, who felt she was drowning and another who would leap into a scene, as upon a stage, conceal her true emotions because they were weaknesses, helplessness, despair, and present to the world only a smile, an eagerness, curiosity, enthusiasm, interest."
Anaïs Nin

This, is me in a nutshell.  I've always been much like she describes; two women rolled into one body.  I've got my secrets, my past, and certain truths I've yet to admit even to myself.  I also consider myself to be book like in the sense that really everything that I am, is there in the pages so to speak.  Sometimes, the information just gets passed over in the introductions and index, far and few have the patience to take in those pages.  I've decided come this new year to document the revelations, thoughts, fears, emotions, day to day hum drums of my existence in hopes that maybe in some way shape or form, I can help someone, if only to humor them for a brief moment of their time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment