Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Worth It, Always

Madness is to think of too many things in succession too fast, or of one thing too exclusively. 
- Voltaire


Story of my life. Too many things too quickly or sole exclusion of one devastating thought. Up and down and round and round, always on some kind of delirious roller coaster. Sure I have good days and I have bad, everyone does, but when I combine these days with someone else on the same roller coaster it throws off the balancing act upon the tracks. Derailing any and all passengers. 

The one wondrously beautiful thing about this ride though is there is the safety line. Always knowing that no matter how far flung apart we are by these emotional outpourings our hearts and minds bare, we are still tied and true together.  Of many things we are both made. Of many things we hate.  Common ground is love, safety, honesty and true compassionate friendship. It is stronger than anything I've ever witnessed in my life. 

It may be easy for some to throw in the towel and say it's not worth it, but more impressive when you can sit there and say to yourself, I am worth it, I deserve it, hell I'm going to fight to keep it, even when the other party involved doesn't think they are at times. It's your responsibility to be a pillar that supports the structure of your friendship. 

It doesn't work if both are only at 50%. No, both need to be at 100% or it doesn't keep. If you're not willing to put in the effort, work, unconditional love, compassion, passion, forgiveness and apologies when needed and say I'm in it completely, no matter what; it will fall apart. I'm not the easiest person to mix and mingle with, take me at my worst so I can give you my best. Love me for me and not what I pretend to be. At the very least it's what you'll get from me. Always. No matter what. To infinity and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment