Monday, June 6, 2011

The Things We Do For Love

“Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.”
- Rosaleen Dickson


You ever find yourself so aggravated with your kids that you just want to run away and hide? It happens to me all the time. In fact right now, it's 11 PM and my daughter is still not sleeping. Grant it today was a big, exciting day! Our annual zoo trip. But what that means for mom, is that she was up until 1:30 am the night before and back up by 6 and has been a constant go go go since then. All I want is for her to relax and finally fall asleep.

It gets me to thinking, why do I get that stressed? Why can't I just relax? Calm down, take a moment to breath? I let it go so long that I keep my cool, and then for awhile I just so easily flip my lid to the point that I just can't even come up with my own new phrases. I'm just sticking with the same ol same ol humdrum run of the mill phrases. 

Crikey I'm not even making much more sense. We'll leave it at that rather than filling in my own words of wisdom on parenting and love and patience and all that hunky dory bullspit that doesn't even come to mind. This tired chica is hitting the sack. Perhaps I'll touch on this again, when I'm not so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment