Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chain Reaction

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
- William Shakespeare


I try to live my life by this. I mean granted, I guess there are all different forms of love, but for me in this instance is to want the best for every soul I encounter. I know it sounds a little Ms. America of me, but really all I want is for everyone to be able to enjoy at least a little slice of inner peace and happiness. Is that so much to ask? Of course it is I suppose on the large scale. After all, there are millions of people in this world and I've only met a tiny percentage of them, but it doesn't stop me from feeling compassion, empathy, hoping for the best, for the greatest outcome. 

I know I cannot change the entire world. I know that I cannot be the cause of something that sweeps over society, that touches every persons heart. But what I know I can do, is to be the best version of myself for those I love and those I encounter. Of course the world is filled with "bad" people. People who are only in it for themselves, murderers and other various criminals, and politicians who do not mean what they say. But that is always going to be a fact we must face. Until each and every person stops living for themselves and starts living for others, we won't have our utopia and let's be clear, the likelihood of that ever happening entirely, is such a miniscule fragment of possibility that I can only do my part. 

In doing my part, if I can make a difference in one persons world where they will pick up on my love and actions and apply them to their own life, then my job is done. Chain reaction is what I'm going for. So if not directly effecting everyone, I've got hopes that by through this invisible chain, maybe just maybe the world can be a better place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment