Friday, June 3, 2011

My Life, My Music

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent."
- Victor Hugo 


There's something about the way a lyric reaches right into my soul and claims it's space. I've always been fond of music. It's my one constant. Perhaps I've already referred to it as my religion before? I cannot remember. It's been far and few I've been logging into the site to update my blog. My apologies. I cannot help but feel it's a life saving force in my own livelihood. 

There's really no reason for this random post about music really, it's just what I was feeling. It's something everyone can relate to on some level. Even if it's not as significant in your life as it is mine, everyone tunes into some, a beat, a lyric, hell even just a note in a song can grab your attention. 

My one suggestion in the course of your life is to be open to all forms of music. Not everything is going to move you so to speak, but there is so much beauty to explore in the music world. And really, it makes you feel a little bit of someone else. The writer of the song. Now grant it, not all songwriters pour themselves into the lyrics they write but I have a feeling the only way a song is really going to speak to an audience is if it's something they can relate to. Something that lets them know they are not the only ones feeling that way and that has got to stem from somewhere. 

Music is one of those little gifts in life. Treasure it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment