Monday, February 21, 2011

Sit Back & Laugh

"Every parent will have their breaking moment, where the only thing they can do is sit back, shake their head and laugh at the mess."
- Babers


I have many of these moments.  Often they come at my own fault. I was in the shower just a bit too long, I was busy making supper, I was sitting right there and watched it happen.  Okay so the last one takes a bit to own up to, but I'll admit, it happens. 

Sometimes I get so intrigued by my children that I swear if I let them, they would tear the house down.  Tonight, I had one of those moments.  My daughter who's just shy of her second birthday grabbed the open bag of cereal off of the table, a bowl from the kitchen counter where it was drying (mind you, she had to push a chair from the dining room into the kitchen in order to reach it) and preceded to make her way over to sit down on the treadmill.  She then poured herself a bowl of cereal, spilling everywhere I might add, looked at me and said, I'm a kitty and then leaned over her bowl to eat. 

Of course she made a mess, I now have ground Honey Nut Scooters under and around the track of the treadmill, but the way I look at it, the Scooters can be vacuumed up, who's to stifle her imagination.  I certainly won't.  I love to watch her progress.  She amazes me every single day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment