Friday, April 8, 2011

Ever Been Dumbfounded?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” 

- Robert McCloskey

 

 

Sometimes, I think to myself, why do I not listen to my instincts? Why is it that I just can't keep my mouth shut? I think I may have hurt some feelings today. I hate that. I never want to be the cause. But here's what I don't understand, it was simply a dream I had. I cannot explain where it came from or why I had it, or why it was what it was. It just was. 

 

It seemed pretty clear that it made my friend uncomfortable.  Why do I get myself into these messes? Why can I not keep my mouth shut. Why would I feel it necessary to tell them exactly what I've been dreaming? Or for that matter, anything that comes into mind.  I don't know.  I guess my honesty is coming back to bite me in the ass once again.  Perhaps there are things that should go unsaid.  I just didn't think it was a big deal.  After all, I've shared damn near every dream I've had, well at least those I can remember. 

 

This time it's different though.  It's like because it wasn't a "good" dream I shouldn't talk about it.  I don't know.  I'm just really confused, dumbfounded.  I feel like had I not said a thing, everything would be fine. But I've always said and prided myself on the truth. And well, we were planing on talking about the dreams anyway given our prior conversation.  I hate this. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! I feel like I did something awful, yet like I did nothing wrong at all

No comments:

Post a Comment